Thursday, June 14, 2012

Busy Summer So Far

It’s been about a month now that I haven’t posted any blogs, but no worries because I’m right back at it again! So far, my summer has been going pretty smoothly. By now I have familiarized myself with the new neighborhood and surroundings that I just moved into a couple of months ago, and I enjoy living independently. I’ve also been keeping myself very busy with two part-time jobs. I’m still working as a student intern in the Marketing & College Relations department at LTC and also as a receptionist at an assisted living facility.

Some days throughout the week I’m at LTC for work, and on the other days (including some weekends) I’m at my other job. Because of my two jobs and exciting summer plans, my mind has not been entirely focused on the upcoming fall semester. I have the majority of all my school paperwork completed, and I’ve already enrolled in my classes. All I need to do now is to buy school supplies and to buy textbooks when classes start.

I’m very glad to have the opportunity to hold two positions that are relevant to my career field. I’m not only gaining just the experience and knowledge, but I get the chance to work in a diverse setting where I can keep learning and developing stronger work ethics and communication skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment