Monday, February 20, 2012

Sandy’s Six Tips for Student Success

College can be very overwhelming at times, but I have found ways that helped me reduce stress. Let me introduce you to Sandy's Six Tips for Student Success:

  1. Set goals– It's important to know your motivation and why your education is meaningful
  2. Be organized – Understand your responsibilities and do not procrastinate!
  3. Study hard – Identify your learning style and learn actively.
  4. Be honest – Your learning abilities and grades will be affected by academic deceitfulness.
  5. Manage your well-being – Get some sleep, feed your body, go for walks. Find some sort of balance in school, work, and entertainment.
  6. Get involved – Find out about student organizations and service learning to acquire skills and gain experience.

I'm most always doing my homework in a computer lab or in an area where the atmosphere is quiet and calm. The new renovation of the library and especially the furniture that is provided gives me a strong sense of comfort where I can just kick off my shoes, study, read the paper, or just lay back and relax. Do you want to know what's even better? The Academic Support Center is located right in the library; therefore, if you're having difficulties with any of your math, science or computer classes go there to get extra help.

You want to make sure you also bring a lunch or something to snack on while you're in class. Do not go the whole day without eating anything. Bring a banana, an apple or an orange to eat. Remember to drink lots of water! I usually try to drink as much water as I can from the water fountains to rejuvenate my body. Drinking lots of water also helps me from falling asleep in class. Hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy! I find your information useful.

    ReplyDelete