Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Design Time

I’m currently taking the Web Page Design course, and we’re learning how to create web pages with HTML. Basically, the instructor gives a PowerPoint presentation introducing us to a chapter in the textbook. In-class activities are very important as this is practice review for the real homework assignment given towards the end of class. This is to be completed and sent to the instructor before the next class meeting.

During practice exercises we are allowed to help each other, and we can ask the instructor as many questions as we’d like. I like how LTC instructors remind students that there is no such thing as a “stupid question.” The instructor patiently explains how a code is written and goes around the classroom answering each student’s question. If she’s busy with another student, I’ll turn to my classmates for help.

What I enjoy the most about Web Page Design’s class projects is how the result will appear right away. When entering the codes for a text or an image in Notepad, it needs to be exact or else it will not show up correctly. HTML codes are not easy to remember nor are they very fun to me, but it’s something that I will have to eventually start to catch on to. At times it can get frustrating to learn where a code needs to be put in order for it to be seen on the web page, but this is where I’m given the chance to discover and to correct the error.

1 comment:

  1. Designing and creating websites sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete