Thursday, April 19, 2012

Earth Week 2012

If you're thinking about making a positive change for your community, then Earth Week is the perfect time to start considering and planning. It can be just as simple as recycling your newspaper, cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, or aluminum cans. If planting your own garden sounds interesting, try it out! Otherwise, rather than attempting to grow your own vegetables, I'd go to the local farmer's market to pick up some organic foods. I have also invested in fluorescent light bulbs; it uses up less energy and lasts longer than incandescent bulbs. Instead of cranking up the heater during cold seasons, I like to cuddle up with extra blankets and rather than buying bottled water, I've bought a water filter for my kitchen sink.

You'd be surprised how much of a difference you would make preserving the earth by just making these small changes day by day, step by step. So why not celebrate Earth Week by making a few of these commitments?

2 comments:

  1. I love planting my own vegetbles. I have a little garden on the side of my home and it's so fun to watch them grow. It also saves me money from buying from the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are places around town that will pay for your card board and aluminum cans too. It's not much but you make some extra change and help the earth.

    ReplyDelete